Work with The Best
At First Choice Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we believe that quality workmanship, dedicated customer service, and comprehensive solutions make our business stand out.
Our mission is to be more than just an HVAC installation, maintenance, and plumbing company. Whether it’s a furnace tune-up or AC repair, our decades of experience ensure a comprehensive evaluation and customized solution for all your home and business HVAC and plumbing needs.
With decades of combined experience, our trusty team will identify the problem and design a more efficient alternative. No matter your budget, we are committed to high-quality workmanship with a proactive approach.
Do you have what it takes? First Choice Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for dedicated individuals looking to join our award-winning team. If you have what it takes and are interested in the below positions, please complete the first steps by completing the form.
First Choice Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is a family-owned and operated HVAC company located in Metuchen, NJ. We are hiring immediately!!!!
Job Description – HVAC Service Technician
The position of the HVAC Technician is responsible for the maintenance, and repairs of HVAC systems as assigned.
Work Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and troubleshoot HVAC systems and their related components.
- Perform all service orders, repairs, and preventative maintenance requests as assigned.
- Coordinate HVAC System preventative maintenance, cleaning, and repairs.
- Respond to customer requests with an appropriate measure of courtesy and service.
- On-call rotation for emergency after-hours calls
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the HVAC field.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- EPA Certificate
- Qualification of Refrigeration or HVAC certificate of education or equivalent experience required.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- The employee values being a member of the team, is dependable, takes initiative, solves problems effectively, communicates clearly, and supports organizational change.
$25.00 – $40.00 per hour
– Service Manager
First Choice Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is hiring! We are looking for a Service Manager to join our team and lead the day-to-day operations of the service department. We have been servicing residential and commercial customers in New Jersey for nearly 20 years and continuously growing.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of field service experience diagnosing and repairing both residential and commercial HVAC equipment. This role requires excellent customer service and interpersonal skills along with the ability to multi-task and problem solve. It will be your responsibility to hold meetings, train personnel, and implement new ideas to maintain an efficient and productive service department. The Service Manager will not only assist field staff, but support and oversee our office staff in scheduling, parts ordering, pricing jobs, and maintaining vehicle inventory. As Service Manager, you will be part of an “on-call” after-hours rotation to assist in booking and dispatching the on-call service technician after normal business hours for one week every 6 weeks. We utilize Service Titan as our operating software – experience with this software is a huge plus!
This position offers a competitive salary, company truck, and health benefits for you and your family. We pride ourselves on the family atmosphere we have within our company and our reputation for doing right by our employees and customers alike. If you feel you would be a good fit to fill this position please send your resume to our general manager via email – Ryan@FCcomfort.com.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Must have experience with installation of boilers, furnaces, condensers, mini-split systems and ductwork
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Complete all paperwork with customer upon leaving
- Requires physical labor daily in various weather conditions
- Must be willing and able to train installation helpers that are assigned to work with you
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work independently
- EPA (required) & NATE Certification is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available for monthly on-call rotation
Why join our team?
- Plenty of advancement opportunities
- Health, Dental & Vision
- 1 Week Paid Vacation after 1 Year Of Employment
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation after 3 Years Of Employment
- Holiday Pay
$20.00 – $40.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Please note: Our company is taking the proper precautions with COVID-19. We are supplying masks & gloves to our employees out in the field as well as providing hand sanitizer.