For many New Jersey residents, the change of seasons means that they will ignore their air conditioner till the spring and hope that it works right when warm weather starts to hit again. However, fall is actually the perfect time to have your air conditioner repaired. Right now, the HVAC specialists at First Choice Heating and Cooling are not inundated with emergency calls from people with broken air conditioners and have yet to be hit with waves of people calling with broken furnaces or heaters. That means that they not only have plenty of time to schedule your air conditioner repair, but also that First Choice Heating and Cooling can offer rebates and other incentives that it cannot offer at other times of the year.
Does your air conditioner need a checkup?
Many of us only realize our air conditioner needs repair when it completely stops working. However, there are some warning signs that let us know failure is coming. Have you noticed any of the following:
- Funny smelling air? A burning smell can indicate a problem in the wire insulation, which can actually be a fire hazard, while a moldy smell means there could be mold in the unit or the ductwork.
- Air that was not cold enough or felt too humid? If the air coming from your vents did not feel cold, the system could need Freon or your compressor could be failing.
- Low air pressure from the ducts? A wide variety of problems can result in very little air coming from your ducts, and, if your heater or furnace use the same duct as your air conditioning systems, some of these problems may impact your heater’s performance as well.
- Moisture around your air conditioner? This is probably a minor problem, like a clogged drain line, but could be a major problem like a refrigerant leak.
- Making funny sounds? You know what your air conditioner normally sounds like. Did it sound different than it usually sounded? If so, it needs to be checked to ensure that there is no problem.
Give yourself the time to explore your options.
If you know you are having an air conditioning problem, the fall is the best time to have an HVAC professional comes out and examine your system. At First Choice Heating and Cooling we can diagnose, service, and repair all major brands of HVAC equipment including: Lennox, Carrier, Coleman, York, Goodman, Fujitsu, and Honeywell.